Larger than 'normal' diameter downlights....with suitable IP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I have been looking (fruitlessly) for a couple of white recessed spots suitable for a bathroom. They are replacing old tiltable ones which are not suited to the location. Both will be in Zone 2 above the bath.

The problem I have is the current (not that type of current!) cutout (not that type of cut out!) in the PB ceiling is approx. 88mm diameter. Most fittings are about the same and hence no overlap. I know you can get the adaptor plates/bezels but these dont seem to be available for IP rated fittings. Have tried Edmondsons, WF, Electricfix, TLC, Etc all to no avail.

Does any knowledgeable helpful sort know whether such a product exists....

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Make the holes larger and install something like these:

Don't forget that all the issues of sealing the holes and reinstating insulation with enough clearance etc applies to anything where you cut a hole in the bathroom ceiling, not just with MR16 type lights.

Sponsored Links
Thanks BAS and SB,

Sorry for delay in response, very hectic pasy week!

Think I am gonna insert small 'polo mint' type rings of PB and try with 'normal' IP downlighters.

I am a bit quiet with work this week so will enjoy the challenge! Famous last words and all that!

Thans again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back