Laser Alldrive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need to get a new socket set and regularly work on classic cars necessitating metric, af and whitworth sockets. I was looking at the Laser Alldrive kits. Can anyone comment on the quality and effectiveness?

USA

Sponsored Links
I think these are cleverly designed and work well enough in ideal conditions.....however if the nuts or whatever have rusted and the size maybe a little smaller than you'd expect then they can struggle.
Personally I'd go for full hexagon sockets of the various sizes - the chance of success is higher. Another tip, if the nut has corroded its often possible to hammer on a socket of another size.....a metric replacing the original imperial for example.
Only my opinion though! Halfords professional range have what you need and I find them better than Laser.
John :)

Agree about Halfords tools. Some forums claim that they are snap-on in disguise.
I have had a professional set for around 10 years and only an extension bar let me down when the socket retaining ball fell out.
I use it on British motorbikes (so use it a lot!) no whitworth but I bought a decent set of sockets from another supplier

Sponsored Links
Halfords pro sets are very good and I have some but they tend to only have bi hex sockets. I think they are draper expert in disguise.
Bahco sets are very good and are part of snap on group I believe, I also rate teng tools.

Back