Choosing a Laser Level (Ed.)

Thanks for the link. I will check this one out. Some great suggestions guys. Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thought I'd tack on to this thread instead of asking basically the same thing.
I'm looking at a level but not a £400 one. Are Huepar any good or just an inaccurate Chinese toy? They seem to be everywhere you search for a laser level at the moment and I was looking at their 904DG if anyone has experience of them?

I am looking for some advice on Laser levels, I am just about to start fitting my new kitchen and was looking for a decent quality laser to assist me.

Like most on this forum I undertake most projects so a laser than can handle multiple tasks is a must.
I’m thinking of one for the same reason. I’ve been looking around and this seems reasonable for what I would need. Does anyone use one of these or can you offer advice?

Sponsored Links
as a DIYer do a bit of work on lounge - curtain rails , , radiators , channeling and various other stuff , i got the cheap stanly green laser version - been OK - checked its calibration on a long ish wall , cant alter just to check
Green is supposed to be better to see , (outside , NOT used yet) , certainly no issue seeing the beam indoors
Used the cross to line up vertically and horizontally.
on a concrete suspended floor , chipboard with insulation underneath - it wobbles all over the place as you move around - so takes a while to settle - at least that was on a camera tripod i had

Having used a laser for quite some time I would definitely recommend a 3 x 360⁰ beam one

Which would you recommend? And why?

I have never used one, but I guess I should purchase one at some point.

Which would you recommend? And why?

I have never used one, but I guess I should purchase one at some point.
I only have experience of simple lasers other than my 3x360 Dewalt like https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364758442214
I cant say its any better than other brands but I bought it in Jan 2018 after posting here for advise and its exceeded my expectations in every way, I think JAK from here has one and thinks highly of it
One definite advantage though is the 10.8v 2Ah battery which it will run all day on.
If you search a”laser” and my user name there are a several threads

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Look for the Haupar or Cilman 3-line laser on Amazon. Very good for internal, and have pulse mode for a detector outside. They look the same, but the Cilman is cheaper. Cost varies between £110 and £130 IIRC. I use it more than my more expensive, less versatile, and battery hungry Bosch 2 line.

Thanks for the recommendations.

A 3x360 sounds like the best option.

I quite like the fact that the one recommended by @^woody^ can be used for things like dado rails on staircases (if used with the correct type of tripod).

Is that also the case with other lasers?

Not sure that I can (currently) justify the cost of the Dewalt one recommended by @lostinthelight . It does look like it is far more sturdy/durable though. I would be tempted to buy a bare bones unit if I had other Dewalt lithium ion tools, but I don't. Most of my work is domestic, with me being the only tradesman on site, so durability is less important.

Again, thank you both for your recommendations.

Thanks for the recommendations.

A 3x360 sounds like the best option.

I quite like the fact that the one recommended by @^woody^ can be used for things like dado rails on staircases (if used with the correct type of tripod).

Is that also the case with other lasers?

Not sure that I can (currently) justify the cost of the Dewalt one recommended by @lostinthelight . It does look like it is far more sturdy/durable though. I would be tempted to buy a bare bones unit if I had other Dewalt lithium ion tools, but I don't. Most of my work is domestic, with me being the only tradesman on site, so durability is less important.

Again, thank you both for your recommendations.
The Dewalt does do inclines, it flashes periodically to warn that its out of the 4⁰ self leveling range.Its a much sturdier laser in that its drop tested to 2 metres , also is water and dust protected

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back