Laser Level?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Been looking at Lasers recently.

I've been hiring a Topcon all singing all dancing level recently and loved every minute of having the right tool on the job - decided to invest - shocked at Topcon prices! - been offered the choice of a Brand new 2 year warranted Datum Quatro or a second hand re calibrated Topcon....;

Wondered if anyone had a take on this?

My heart says go with the topcon, but my head says 2 years warrantee....

Help?! Don't want to spend 600 notes on the wrong choice!

Sponsored Links
definatly go with the topcon. Budget for re-calibrating it though.

If you treat it well it will last and if you need you will be able to easily source parts.

Probably not the case should the Datum go wrong 2 years 1 month down the line.

I went through the same deliberations last year and ended up going with a second hand machine rather than a new 400 chinese one.

I would agree also! Take the topcon.

You will have a cheaper however more reliable product here... It is likely that if you set yourself some room for any refurbishment needed on it you will still save money.

The Datum's are not the most reliable and I know a few people who's have packed in once the warranty is up!

Thanks for that - I ended up having a bit of a shop around on line and managed a bit of battering with a chap - got a brand new Topcon with all the bits and bobs for 600 quid with a 5 year warrantee!

........and I got him to chuck in next day pre 10.00am delivery for free - perfect for my DPC brickwork day tomorrow!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back