New laser level, looking for advice

It was just slightly over £2k. Have it a couple of years now.
Have seen online prices for around £1500.

The receiver, and remote and rechargeable pack all came as a package.
It also has the tripod adaptor for "laydown".
If your into large areas of say 100m then this is an invaluable tool. I think it has an accurate radius of around 350m.
Small areas then maybe a tad costly and over specced.
Also very useful for pipe laying.
The remote can switch it into a "sleep" mode which is useful to save the charge in the pack also but tbh the level seems to be very energy efficient and the pack lasts for days. We have it out almost every day and charged about once every three weeks.
If your doing grades then just convert the grade into a percentage and use the remote to input the number unto the display and off you go.

Sponsored Links
Wow! It sounds like it does a LOT of jobs for one machine!

Prices for the Rugby 280's on the internet seem to vary depending on which receiver, batteries and other accessories you want with it. I've seen some companies who "appear" to be a lot cheaper but when you read in to the description it turns out you are buying the laser level only without batteries, receiver or anything else - that's a bit crafty, hmmm. To be honest the websites I've seen who don't include the accessories are selling around £1500 and the websites who sell with accessories are more like £2000 - so maybe you didn't get ripped off as much as you think, but I guess that depends on exactly which receiver etc you got with your laser

Anyway, it's probably a bit too expensive and too advanced for my needs. The grade feature would be great but it is a massive step up in price it seems!

Cheers for sharing that info with me Norcon, it's really helpful to get real user opinions instead of a salesman's opinion :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back