Rotary laser level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help brought a velor rotary laser level instructions in another language can anyone tell me how I can measure distance with the rotary laser many thanks for any help. Need to measure over 100m so hand held device no good. All new to me.

Sponsored Links
Surely a rotary laser level gives you a datum line, or level line to work from.
It does not measure distances, does it?

The only way I know would be for a mate to stand where you want to measure and when you switch the laser on, he counts how long it is before he sees the light, and then divide this by 186,000. You might need to factor in air density and gravity depending on the earth's curvature.

Otherwise, just use it for its intended job of levelling.

Sponsored Links
a mate to stand where you want to measure and when you switch the laser on, he counts how long it is

So how does he know when to start counting?!!! You can't shout to him, sound is too slow!!! He can't just watch to see when you press the button either, because it'd be seen at the same time!!! You haven't thought this through woody!! :ROFLMAO::eek:

Gaz :)

Woody, your method works perfectly, but I suggest you employed too many people as you only need one.
You simply switch on the laser, and immediately start counting how long until you see the light on the far wall (1 elephant, 2 elephant, etc) and divide this time by two {as the light has gone there and back) before you do your maths. It works for calculating the distance to the moon, so should be perfect for a room.
SFK

Help brought a velor rotary laser level instructions in another language can anyone tell me how I can measure distance with the rotary laser many thanks for any help. Need to measure over 100m so hand held device no good. All new to me.
Out of interest, what made you think this tool is designed for that task?

Woody, he probably doesn't want the distance in miles!:D 2.99 x 10^6m/s would do. Oh, but that only works in a vacuum. Tape measure?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back