Basic laser level for outdoor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Been considering getting a laser level for years, but could never really justify it. I know the ultimate is the £400+ rotary ones which are totally unjustifiable to me, and I'm also not bothered about the indoor-only DIY jobs although I'm sure they're great.
What I'm wondering is if the likes of the dewalt dw088 (130 quid and claims to be suitable for outdoor) is actually good to use outside and what the range is likely to be, eg could I use it to get a level point 5+m away when setting out brickwork.
Been reading a few reviews of these type of lasers but the vast majority only talk about indoor use.
So if anyone's got one or experience of one, or any other thoughts much appreciated as always!

Sponsored Links
I've used my cheapo £15 internal one for setting out levels for 30m of drainpipe- bit of a pest and probably plus or minus 50mm by the time I'd waited til it was dark and then marked level on a series of old bits of board hammered into the ground. But it did the job.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back