Cheap 360 degree self-levelling laser levels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
if you use it for setting out outside you'll need a laser detector unless you work at dusk or dawn....

I really will only use it 3 times per year on a self-build basis, so if I need to use it at dusk/dawn it's not a problem if it's going to be £300 cheaper. I'm more concerned about it having accuracy that won't make it useless over a 14 metre build (so 7 metres from a centre point)

Sponsored Links
As a slight warning on the quality of that seller,
I note that that they have only been online for 1 month and only ever sold 3 items (although they did get a 100% rating from those 3 sales).

And the three items he sold were not the Laser:
Children's hooded plush pajamas lazy blanket pillow pet shape pajamas toys New
Insulated Vacuum Food Flask Stainless Steel Thermos Jar Hot Soup Container UK
Insulated Vacuum Food Flask Stainless Steel Thermos Jar Hot Soup Container UK

SFK

So are you saying there would be no chance of a warranty replacement or repair if the thing went wrong? :eek:

It's a line not rotating level, so I suspect there will be some curvature errors that your won't get with a rotating unit.

It's a line not rotating level, so I suspect there will be some curvature errors that your won't get with a rotating unit.
I've had a Bosch 3-axis 360 degree laser for about 7 years now and recently bought a 3-axis green deWalt. Checked against an extremely expensive Topcon rotary laser when I brought the DW to site we could find no discernable curvature of field at 20 metres. Maybe the cheaper ones won't be as good, but "brand" models are certainly good enough for setting out on dry wall, suspended ceiling or joinery installation

Green is supposed to a lot easier seen than red.
Having recently moved from red to green I can assure you that it is. Green is also easier to see in brighter conditions where red has all but disappeared

A lot of choice out there.
All I would say is stick to a renowned brand, buy local for easy calibration/ service and buy green.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back