Laser levels.....

Don't get me wrong, I use a laser level because they can be faster and easier to use, but they also do verticals. Unfortunately they don't go round corners - which is where a water level scores ;)

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Scrit said:
Don't get me wrong, I use a laser level because they can be faster and easier to use, but they also do verticals. Unfortunately they don't go round corners - which is where a water level scores ;)

Scrit

and when the batteries run out

and when it gets knocked

and in bright sunshine outside!

What surprises me is that nobody has mentioned the obvious antidote to this high tech tomfoolery - the water level. Even that's expensive compared to this. Based on the figures being bandied about I reckon the great pyramid would have been a bit wonky if they's used laser levels.
:D Yeah I guess it would have been!! I also have a water level set (or 2) but to be honest the disadvantage with water levels is that you often need 2 people to use them. Plus every time you want to use one you have to spend a few minutes first filling it up, getting the bubbles out of it etc. But I do still use it, I'm just looking for something to make life a bit easier.

sure its not +-0.3mm which would be 0.6mm? (admitidly still better).
Yeah it is :oops:, but therefore as it's only going to be a max of 0.3mm in either direction the most it will be out will be 0.3mm over a metre. I guess the angle 0.06 is probably 0.03 degrees either side of true as well but as it doesn't specify this it could mean it could be inaccurate by 0.06 either side of true.

Sponsored Links
forget stanley and black and decker i use a dewalt dw087k, this bit of kit is the dogs danglies, cross line laser level, around £150 but more uses than you can shake a stick at and as accurate as your ever gonna need ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back