PLS laser level owners, your help is needed!

Ok, no worries. ;) I'll try to contact them on Monday and hopefully they will be as helpful as PLS have been :)

Sponsored Links
JobAndKnock - if you are reading this.

Do you get random, fainter laser lines around 8" long on the ceilings and walls (projecting off the main lines) on your unit?

Do you get random, fainter laser lines around 8" long on the ceilings and walls (projecting off the main lines) on your unit?
They aren't random. They are caused by the four metal "pillars" which hold up the metal protective guard over the prisms. I've certainly mentioned them somewhere before. Not a fault, but a "feature"

Can you post a link to the thread where you mentioned this to verify we are talking about the same 'feature'?

I will get the laser out tomorrow and take a picture of mine :)

Sponsored Links
The Stabila LAX200 looks like the best piece of kit in this application of laser level.
At £450 quid that will keep it in field of the pro tradesman though.
It seems to tick all the boxes.

The Stabila LAX200 looks like the best piece of kit in this application of laser level.
At £450 quid that will keep it in field of the pro tradesman though.
It seems to tick all the boxes.
Not a 360 degree laser, nor a capable of use as a plumb bob so minus 2 points........ Also more than I paid for a GLL3-80P. Correction - less. FFX are doing it for £268. You do know that Stabila buy-in their lasers whilst Bosch own their own subsidaries who meke theirs, I suppose. BTW, do you actually own one?

Why would you want to use it as a plumb bob?

I use a dedicated plumb bob for tall shuttering. You can't beat gravity!
Hanging the instrument off a piece of string would be a little silly, would it not? :mrgreen:
Each to their own I guess. :LOL:

I thought the OP didn't want 360 degree capability?

Why would you want to use it as a plumb bob?

I use a dedicated plumb bob for tall shuttering. You can't beat gravity!
Hanging the instrument off a piece of string would be a little silly, would it not? :mrgreen:
:rolleyes: You've obviously not had to do stuff like centring stuff hanging under concrete ceilings. It can be done with a traditional plumb bob, but that takes two people - with a laser plumb line it becomes a one man operation.

I've done loads of that stuff and other stuff too.
There's a video of that level on U tube showing the vertical line for plumbing operations.

The basic specs state this...

Fast- Self Leveling Lines
4 Modes:
1. Horizontal Only
2. Vertical Only
3. Cross- Line
4. Fixed Cross- Line for angles
Fixed cross- line for angles
Pulse Technology- Use with a Receiver
Integrated rotating magnetic Mount
Pendulum lock, added protection
1/4 X 20 5/8 X 11 Tripod Mounts

But the the question is still the same. Are you talking from experience of that laser?

No I've no experience of the laser.

Does that mean it cannot do a vertical line because I've no experience of it?

Did you watch the U tube clip yet? It shows a vertical line!
Not someone hanging it from a string. :mrgreen:

Don't need 360 degree capability or a plumb bob, might use it only on the odd occasion. The reason I bought this unit was simply because I couldn't decided what to buy. Going from past experience, I knew I would regret later if I bought a simple cross line laser or one with 180 degree when I could have one that does 360!

An example of this is when I bought a 2 tonne car jack and stands for £40, this wasn't safe nor able to lift up my car high enough to put decent stands underneath so I had to buy another to do the job. So now I try to buy the best I can afford once.

Thats why we use the Leica Rugby 280dg. Highest specced laser on the market. At over £2k it ought to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back