Latest Qualifications

JP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been doing a lot of homework recently about what courses I should do to become a fully qualified electrician.

Following the advise of many people I decided I want to complete the 2360 and if I'd started last year I could have done this two evenings a week for 3 years (part 1 & part 2).

However things have changed and from September of this year the course has changed to the 2330.

What I'd like to know is in anybody hears of the new 2330 being available at a college either on an evening basis or on a flexible learning basis it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
JP

Sponsored Links
JP..who told that the 2360 was being replaced with the 2330?

First I have heard of it, so I phoned C&G direct..and they claim to have no knowledge of this change, stating that 2330 is an existing course and deals with electrical and electronic controls and building maintenance systems (BMS).

They said there are changes to the existing 2360 course to reflect the changes occuring in the industry and to modernise it, but it will still be 2360.

The 2360 is being dropped and replaced. I don't know the details but the course as it exists is in its last year of being taught.

Sponsored Links
dingbat said:
The 2360 is being dropped and replaced. I don't know the details but the course as it exists is in its last year of being taught.

Ding..read my post above...there would appear to be confusion over this.

There is confusion. The centre at which I am completing my 2391 have been told, by the C & G, that 2360 is dead. In my own dealing with C & G I have often got a different answer to the same question depending on who you speak to. (I used to teach C & G courses in IT)

I am in Cheshire, I can travel to anywhere in the North West.

However, if I do distance learning location is obviously not as important.

Also, do sparks still work Saturdays? If so I am willing to offer myself free of charge as a sparks mate ? Or whatever term is relevant.

Regards
JP

Those of us who can afford not to don't....... :LOL:

But a heck of a lot do, finding one shouldn't be a problem.

Different sparks have different definitions of their "helper".

Apprentice (usually when you're doing the theory at the same time)

My job title was "electrician's improver", though that is old-fashioned now....

Get in touch with Stockport College, they have a good team of lecturers on the electrical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back