2330 Being "Phased" Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pardon the pun.

Our college (LCT) announced on Thursday evening that the 2330 is being phased out.

currently the 2330 is spilt into two parts (Level two and Level 3), the new qualification will be a level three course.

Apparently the new qualification will only be avalaible to people working in the trade.

Because I am only in the first year of the 2330 I will probably not be able to enroll for the third year and therefore not be able to complete the course to a level 3 standard.

They are talking about the possibility of early enrollment to the level 3 but because the goverment has pulled funding (apparently) the level three year will cost around £1500.

The alternative is to complete the 2330 up to level 2 and then take the seperate inspection and testing course.

Just posted this for information really, incase anyone else is in the same boat but not yet been told by their college.

Mathew

edit I should add that I do not fully trust the administration and management at LCT, so anything above may be totally inaccurate!!

Sponsored Links
I saw a similar post on another forum the other day.

Not as well written ,mind

Martin

Sponsored Links
It is all up in the air at the moment (typical C&G). This is for a new QCF Electrotechnology Qualification 2357 (replacing 2330 and 2356)
and there is an article on this [urlhttp://www.electricalqualifications.co.uk/cityandguilds2357.php]here[/url].

On the C&G site there is just details of an explainatory seminar coming up to explain things. I can't believe they are doing this so soon after 2360 morphed into 2330.

The article (link above) notes in its summary:

"The C&G2330, whilst not a perfect qualification, has bedded in quite well but has had to go through several years of teething issues to become as established as it is. We hope that the Summit Skills will not use this qualification as another excuse to reduce the quality of electricians in this country by removing the aspects of the qualification that some students find difficult."

Amen to that. But I'll bet is that it ends up - like so many others - a mish-mash multiple guess exam that will not be valued.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back