Latex Screed on another Latex Screed

Thanks.

I'm sorry I've may have mislead you about the thickness.

I mean't the consistency of the mix, as the mix does not seem to flow or like slurry as some seen on various video's where most are like slurry and flow on there own without the use of any troweling.

As you've mentioned earlier that the top layer should be weaker than what's its bonding with below. What would be the consequence if the supplied Additive was not used and water was used instead.

So as I'm trying to find a solution to my problem of a floor which has small frozen like wave edges where it was troweled trying to blend with other areas laid a couple of minutes ago and as I've mentioned it does not flow like a slurry mixed compound. I am going to sand down these waves as best as I can and then pour a slurry mix and use something like a industrial squeegee to push and skim over the current floor and let it flow by itself to level itself.

Thank you for your patience with this.
Thanks again

Sponsored Links
if you mix with water the compound will fail.

You are using a compound that needs to be mixed with latex.

If you want a compound that requires water then you need a water based compound.

The compounds are developed to work with certain additives. You are not using sand and cement.

Without sounding harsh, it sounds like you dont know what your doing. You are possibly trying to apply a compound without knowing how to do so and this is your issue. You say that the two wont flow together? i would guess that is because you have put the first bag down and then gone and mixed a second bag and returned 5 mins later? if so that is your first issue. You are not applying plaster to a wall. Plaster is easy compared to smoothing a floor correctly.

Sorry if my comment sounds harsh, but you are having issues for a reason. This is a DIY forum so we will help you.

If your unsure on something then ask the question.

Also, there are courses out there to teach this sort of thing if you would like to learn, however if this is a one of job then the course cost wont warrant getting a pro in.

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Having searched for info about the Ultra Floor Level IT 2, they say its not really a Self Leveling compound and after curing for 28 days it has a strength of 31nm used mainly for commercial use ie: shops, hospitals and offices

Its not what whether I know what I'm doing or not, it's why did my friend suggested using a Latex 2 part mix compound as he said it was self leveling. He is employed by a Vinyl floor covering company and is suppose to know whats he is doing.

Yet I'm the one trying to find a way out of the mess without adding too much of an expense for his mess up.

thank you for help, now the questions have answered and its down to him to sort things out.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back