Laws

Personally, I think the govt should build something akin to a hostel in central London specifically for the use of MP's from the shires. Don't charge them any rent but take away all unnecessary expenses. Expenses should be limited to travel, stationary and perhaps one researcher (not to be a family member). All claims for furniture, food, TV etc should be stopped. After all anyone else who works for a living , can't claim for their own personal goods, food, tv etc

That's how it's done in Australia. It stops people like Cameron from claiming massive and unnecessary mortgage payments.

Sponsored Links
What they want is a block of flats.
No what they want is a prison cell, for being fiddling fraudsters.
He broke the rules, that have been in place for four years and only came clean, when the game was up.
Then tried to defend it by claiming he was protecting his gay lover.
I don't give a flying fook if he is gay or not, but it's time to get real and honest. They are all thieving berstards in my book, even the fairies.

Personally, I think the govt should build something akin to a hostel in central London specifically for the use of MP's from the shires. Don't charge them any rent but take away all unnecessary expenses. Expenses should be limited to travel, stationary and perhaps one researcher (not to be a family member). All claims for furniture, food, TV etc should be stopped. After all anyone else who works for a living , can't claim for their own personal goods, food, tv etc

That's how it's done in Australia. It stops people like Cameron from claiming massive and unnecessary mortgage payments.

Why single out David Cameron? It's people like Mandelson and his ilk that need booting out.
Anyone who enters politics as an MP probably already has a mortgage. They should not be allowed to claim this as an expense. They shouldn't be allowed to claim the mortgage interest as an expense
In my previous post, I did set out what should be claimed as a legitimate expenses.
I forgot to add, travel expenses should be limited to one standard class rail ticket per week, or even saver returns. They shouldn't be allowed to claim first class travel. Trips abroad need monitoring too. Far too many MP's seem to go on these fact finding missions to some backward country, when using the internet can get them all the information they need.

Cameron accepted his resignation “with sadness”, describing Laws as a “good and honourable man”, and told him he hoped he would return to office “in time”. In a sympathetic statement Clegg also suggested Laws would return to the cabinet when the issues over his expenses had been resolved. “He has so much to contribute to national life,” the Lib Dem leader said.
There you have it tories are back to type when the Prime minister thinks that because you have been found out fiddling the expenses then you are honourable.What constitutes a dishonourable man in this day and age.

Sponsored Links

Why single out David Cameron? It's people like Mandelson and his ilk that need booting out.
Anyone who enters politics as an MP probably already has a mortgage. They should not be allowed to claim this as an expense. They shouldn't be allowed to claim the mortgage interest as an expense
In my previous post, I did set out what should be claimed as a legitimate expenses.
I forgot to add, travel expenses should be limited to one standard class rail ticket per week, or even saver returns. They shouldn't be allowed to claim first class travel. Trips abroad need monitoring too. Far too many MP's seem to go on these fact finding missions to some backward country, when using the internet can get them all the information they need.

well apart from joe having a pathological and highly irrational hatred of Cameron..............he never criticises the rotten corrupt depart Labour Ruling Incompetence. On the scale of all things, Dave is pretty squeaky clean, relatively.

Mandelson, on the other hand, has made more money corruptly than any three other politicians put together. He should be hauled before a Commons Committee and made to account for all the money he has acquired, and then surcharged for his reckless spending in office.

Back