laybond17 floor adhesive ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just finished applying my latex floor screed, it hasn't come out to bad but perfectly level it is not.
My local floor supplier does not supply lecol 5500 but said that most of the floor layers use laybond 17 for laying woodblock floor, he told me that you actually dip the bottom of the block into the glue and then position on floor.
A s my floor is not perfectly level do you think i would be better of trying to get hold of an adhesive that is applied to the floor at a depth of 3mm hence giving me more room for adjustment of the blocks,or shall i go ahead with the laybond?

cheers paul

Sponsored Links
Ask him if he does Stycobond (F.Ball). If so, go for the B92 or B91. both have to be applied with a trowel instead of dipping (I dread the mess dipping will make ;)). Using a proper notched trowel will help you out.

Have been out to another supplier and found some stycobond b92,i am going to let the latex go off for a couple of days before i start laying the floor.
No doubt will be needing further advice once the laying begins.cheers for the quick reply it is much appreciated.

cheers paul]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back