FEB FLOOR PRODUCTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any body tell if they have used FEB floor products, mainly feb sealer and feb latex floor screed.My reason for asking is that these products seem to be readily available from local stores and the later meets my needs of glueing a woodblock floor on a suspended concrete floor.

My second question is regarding mixing different types of wood, while reclaiming my blocks there are a few that are not good enough to be used so will have to be replaced. When checking down my local reclaimation yard they don't have any blocks of my type(pitch pine) exactly the same size, they are either slightly bigger ,thicker or wider.
However there are some other types (oak) that are the same, I am thinking of buying enough of these to do one row of the border which will then give me some spare of the original blocks to play with.

Any advice or opinions appreciated.

p.s. after screeding the floor will the screed need to be sealed or can the adehsive be applied straight on to it

cheers paul

Sponsored Links
bosch67 said:
My second question is regarding mixing different types of wood, while reclaiming my blocks there are a few that are not good enough to be used so will have to be replaced. When checking down my local reclaimation yard they don't have any blocks of my type(pitch pine) exactly the same size, they are either slightly bigger ,thicker or wider.
However there are some other types (oak) that are the same, I am thinking of buying enough of these to do one row of the border which will then give me some spare of the original blocks to play with.
I don't see any problem with that. If you are planning to sand the whole floor and apply a new finish you can use 'Oak-coloured' oil to match the pine better with the Oak, just a suggestion.
bosch67 said:
p.s. after screeding the floor will the screed need to be sealed or can the adehsive be applied straight on to it
Not really, just make sure the screed is dried sufficiently

thanks alot for the reply woodyoulike

I am taking your advice on a previous reply to sombody whose floor you went around and completed as regarding methods of starting first run off etc
very impressed with the end result

cheers paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back