laying reclaimed parquet with underfloor heating. BONA S760?

Thanks for that - I think it seems do-able. Is the Gripfill readily available in stores or something to order online?

Sponsored Links
hi we are about to put some painstakingly scraped off reclaimed pitch pine parquet floor blocks onto an underfloor heating system, and are hoping against hope that the tar residue left on the blocks (unable to get every last dot of it off) will not permeate as a bad smell, once on the heated floor? of course we will be sealing it with something once it's down, and probably most of the tar will be embedded in the new glue, so we are hoping... but would really like some advice from anyone who has already done this. Thanks

I know it's an old thread, but IIRC my brother used a load of reclaimed blocks some (20+ ?) years ago. After trying several methods, I think he used a saw bench and cut the bottom of the block off (ie took all the old bitumen off together with a bit of the wood). It worked, but made one heck of a mess.

AFAIK the floor is still just fine - but it's not got UFH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back