laying reclaimed parquet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am using lecol 5500 to lay my parquet but i had to put some of the parquet through my table saw in order to loose the layer of bitumen in about 30 blocks where I will be laying directly on to the concrete. my question is , these blocks don’t seem to be perfectly flat at the bottom as they were not put through a planer etc.

would lecol 5500 support a few mm of difference in a parquet block or will the parquet blocks sink on one side over time eventually ?

many thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Evren, good evening.

Can I suggest that you Google "Aero Ply"?

This material is used by model makers, and is a very, very thin [at times] 2 ply material down to 1 or 2 mm thick.

You could obtain such a material to " make up " the timber which I assume has been removed from the timber??? the advantage being that you are not relying on the [thick] glue line to harden uni formally and assist in ensuring all bits of flooring, including the ones you had to run through your saw?

Ken.

Normally if you run parquet blocks through a saw the bottoms should be flat enough (in other words the adhesive you are using is designed to take out minor discrepancies)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back