relaying woodblock floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just pulled up a poorly laid wood block floor, the floor it is to be laid on is a concrete floor which is not to level, is it ok to put a self leveling compound down and then lay the floor on to that?

will i need to seal the floor before applying the screed and then will i need to seal the screed before applying the the woodblocks and adhesive.

Any advice greatfully received

ps is there a technique for laying the woodblock, do you start in the middle, a corner?

Sponsored Links
Leveling compound should do the trick, just don't expect the stuff to level out on its own, it does need a 'helping hand' ;)

Let it dry sufficiently, the start installing the blocks with appropriate parquet adhesive (Lecol, Ball, etc) If your underfloor is to 'dusty' use sealer of the same brand as the adhesive

Where to begin depends on the pattern you want to install: herringbone start in the middle, brick or basket weave pattern start on a long straight side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back