LayFlat Plastic Pipe for Extra Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It now appears that installing an extra radiator is possible with some LayFlat piping. I can drill a hole through the joist, and run the pipe to the radiator.

We don't have a radiator in the hallway either, so an ideal opportunity to chase it into the wall... :)

Any views on this piping?

It basically just seems to be a tough hose pipe, with a 25 year life span.

Sponsored Links
You might find it doesn't "lay flat" quite as easily as your expecting. ;)

Sponsored Links
Awesome, i expected some form of negative replies against the product.

The plan was to have the whole piece inside the wall in one section, i am unsure if the pipe will achive a 180 degree bend from above to go into the radiator from below. I guess this is where copper takes over, and would be ideal.

Additionally, this pipework would make the installation of a larger or small double rad upstairs easier as it would be a case of cut..run..and push..

I did post jobs up on various websites, but it appears that no plumbers are interesetd in installing one new rad, and converting old 1990's style single rads without heat fins into new...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back