Laying 15mm copper central heating pipes in floor screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I need to run two 15mm copper pipes to get to a new raditor in a conservetry. I am hoping to run the pipes in the floor screed. I have heard denso tape can be rapped around the pipes to protect from corrosion. Is this enough protection for the pipes? Thanks for any help on this.

Sponsored Links
both schools of thought will be given to you however Denso tape is bloody awful stuff, go for channels it's cleaner and easier and in the future you can access them if needed, even if it means breaking up the screed. the other option will be to run plastic pipe through sleeves with no breaks under the screed if possible, not my choice but will do the job

Yes I no its awfull gets everywere. Is it ok to bury copper just with denso tape though. Will this cause trouble as the copper won't be able to expand and contract?

Sponsored Links
If your asking me then i'd say no as screed may get through and damage pipes causing leeks, i have seen and charged MUCH money to repair this type of install after ripping up customers floor. not a pretty sight, however what you do in your home is up to you in the end but be warned.

Would plastic pipes and the associated fittings be affected in same way as copper out of interest? May be a solution if not? Would asume it does as no one mentioned it?

Do the job properly and grind out a channel in the floor and then cover the pipes with plastic trunking / guildflex etc,

Forget the denso tape. ;)

Would plastic pipes and the associated fittings be affected in same way as copper out of interest? May be a solution if not

Plastic pipe is not affected by cement screed. UFH pipe is laid and then covered with screed to perform efficiently as an example.

You should not make any connections that are buried in the screed.

thanks do they sell this chunking at plumbers merchants? Does it just screw down over the pipes then?

I've had a look online. But how do I cover the pipe as it raises up towards the raditor as it comes out of the screed?

Is useing denso to protect the pipes realy nt accptable then? I mite look at surface mounting them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back