Laying a new floor for kennels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Laying a new floor for kennels
Hello
I wondered if I could pick a few brains about laying a concrete floor. I am going to convert an old chicken barn to boarding kennels and will need to put the correct drainage in. The barn is 47m by 14m and will need four drainage channels along the length. The floor is currently concrete with no drainage. Please can you tell me if I will need to lay a new floor to include the drainage or if the drainage can be put into the original floor. The floor will be tile finished.
Thanks
Alex

Sponsored Links
A lot depends upon the condition of the original floor as well as whether the correct falls exist already.
Also, the extent of the drainage may deem that using the existing floor is not workable.

If, for example, it was just a case of Stihl sawing some aco style drain channels in then making good to accept tiling, i can't see why not.

At some point along the channel you may need to collect the water in a gully or a series of gullies and run it into a drain to stop the channel becoming overwhelmed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back