laying carpet underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm trying to calculate the most efficient way to lay my underlay. I'm presuming that can use the off cut sections to make best use of it. It'll mean more joins but is this a problem?

I ask because i've recently had a quote and having gone over the sums the company seem to have quoted for approx 30% more underlay than floor area...am i missing something?

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
i'm trying to calculate the most efficient way to lay my underlay. I'm presuming that can use the off cut sections to make best use of it. It'll mean more joins but is this a problem?

I ask because i've recently had a quote and having gone over the sums the company seem to have quoted for approx 30% more underlay than floor area...am i missing something?

Thanks for any advice

What information are you basing your comments on?

you may be right, but based on what??????????

Sponsored Links
glad i've sparked some conversation!
I measured the total floor area and costed per m2 of underlay. However i'm led to believe that with the carpet it's best to avoid lots of joints across rooms so there can be a reasonable amount of surplus. I'm just guessing that this isn't the case with underlay but hopefully someone can offer me some advice. I may be wrong!

The fewer the joins the better in all aspects, but taped correctly and there should not be many issues. You will need a little more than the exact area, but 30% sounds high.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back