Laying electrical cable between house and garage

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

We currently have a free-standing garage that is separated from house by a three foot wide footpath. The electricity connection to the garage is just an electrical cable that dangles between the house and garage - at head height.

Similarly electricity connection from the garage to another shed, is another cable that dangles between the garage and the shed - again at head height. The garage and shed are separated by a gravel footpath.

Clearly we need to fix this, before something bad happens. I am going to get an electrician to do the wiring but I want to put down the ducting or piping that will carry the new cables myself (because I am broke :) ) . What should I be using here and where can I pick it up.

Ray K

Sponsored Links
Personally I would dig trench then get electrician to wire and offer to back fill it for him as likely he will use SWA cable which does not require to be in ducting.

Sponsored Links
Or if there's no problem with the cables being overhead, keep that route, just do it properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back