Laying laminate in Kitchens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you lay flooring under kitchen units,you leave 10mm around walls but if you put it under the units a bit,you'll have 1/2 metre gap.

Could i use bits of wood?

Has anyone heard of putting bits of cork between gaps at doors under strips?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
celtic said:
How do you lay flooring under kitchen units,you leave 10mm around walls but if you put it under the units a bit,you'll have 1/2 metre gap.

Yes, but that should not cause any problems if you glue the T&G of the boards. The floor will stay in together.

celtic said:

Yes, but we don't recommend it: you fill the expansion gap and it's prone to cause creaking noises.

celtic said:
Could i use bits of wood?
No need, just past the plinth line and re-cut the plinth to the laminated flooring.
celtic said:
I don't bother.

This helps me with a current post. I would presume that once you lay the board just inside the plinth line(sic) and adjust the plinth...or the feet of the units if you go a bit further, down onto the laminate it will hold the board edges in place without the need for messy glue anyway. This should avoid lifting or movement.

Sponsored Links
Don't let the feet rest on the laminated flooring, see your other post for more details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back