laying oak laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hallo everyody!!!

i am looking to lay a laminate floor in my sitting/dining room. The room is 7m long and 5m wide at its widest point. The floor i want to fit is an oak effect one. Obviously i want to do it right first time and so i want to replace the skirting boards at the same time so i dont need that edging strip, or at the very most a really small one.

whats the best sequence to do - floor, skirting, then edging if required??

also, as the skirting is being replaced at the same time, with just pine ones from TP, would it look stupid if i glossed them?? i am not sure whether it would look stupid against an oak floor, as the walls are going to be an off wite colour anyway.

if i gloss them, they will match the door frames etc, if i dont, and i varnish them, i reckong the other glossed things will look out of place. what do you think???

cheers

george

Sponsored Links
Take old skirtings off first, lay floor, fit new skirtings.
Fill any screw holes, use knotting solution on knots in new skirtings, prime, undercoat then gloss.
That should be it.

Thats about it.

As far as your style question goes its entirely personal but unless the skirting boards match the floor (and architraves/doors) you are better off going for painted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back