laminate floor edging strips and door strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just purchased some oak laminate and wanted to know what options i have, i dont want to remove the skirting board but i want a nice edging

I also would like some advise on the door strips, all the obnes i see look cheap, would it be better to put maybe an oak board down first and then put the floor upto it to make a nicer edge ?

Sponsored Links
yes i have done this, i was merely asking if anyone had any ideas of a decent product which is proven but thanks for your positive reply anyway

Hi,

Try using a white scotia (as long as your skirting is white) this will give the illusion that the skirting board is fitted on top of the laminate flooring.

With the threshold bars the laminate should run continuously through the doorways.

If you need to use door bars then there are laminate door bars (the ones you do not like)or metal door bars (silver or copybrass colour).

I would not recommend putting in a threshold and then fitting the laminate up to it as you should leave an expansion gap .

Sponsored Links
If you change the laminate direction in each room then you will have no option but to use an expansion joint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back