Laying Polyflor - advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I inherited some Polyflor from a relative who had it leftover, so going to stick in my porch (concrete floor which I've just PVA'd).

I spoke to a friend who's a builder and he said next step was to use self-leveller and then the adhesive floor layers use.

However, I've put a spirit level on it and it's (pretty much) level anyway. Can I get away with no-self-leveller or will I really notice difference?

Also, have read that I may just be able to use PVA as adhesive? Otherwise, have found this stuff: http://www.screwfix.com/p/mapei-ult...ubber-flooring-adhesive-light-cream-5kg/8267h

Final point: porch gets the sun in the morning and it does get pretty hot in there!

Any advice greatly received.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Which product is it. Polyflor make lots. If you are going to glue it down it will need a smoothing compound laid 1st.

Does the Porch have a DPM?

If it does not, you'll need a liquid DPM, Moisture tolerant screed like Ardit NA and then fit to that using a Heat Tolerant adhesive, of look at F-Ball Isolator which you can adhere to with certain LT products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back