laying screed tomorrow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys am i missing any pointers ,i got 2 tonne of sharp and 20 bags of cement and a mixer to lay 5.4mx2.3x 75mm thick screed tommorrow ive got the dpm down 50 mm of celotex and batterned around the walls to help me ,i was going to go down the edges and the front wall level off and startworking backwards ,in the mixer would i be better sticking to 3-1 or 6-2 and anything else to look out for guys

Sponsored Links
Just a quick thought to consider. if your screeding up to an outside cavity wall you'll need a 25mm insulate all alone the edge of the screed. Maybe the battern will get in the way of this.

ps 3-1 or 6-2 depends on the size of the mixer. Obvious I know but if it wil take a 6-2 then do it and only tip out what you need each time..

cheers m8 :rolleyes: never knew about the insulation around the edge so hopefully the 38mm timber around the edges will do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back