Laying slabs against the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am laying slabs on an area to the side of the house, have dug and laid hardcore to about 2.5 bricks below DPC so slabs will sit around 2 bricks below DPC (old house so slate DPC)

Should I lay the slabs right up against the brickwork of the house or dig down 6 inches and lay membrane and stones to create a sort of french drain around the house so the slabs sit about 4 inches away from house?

Hope this is clear

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
outside levels must be 150mm below dpc because of splash,imo if you leave a small channel and back fill it with shingle then i see no problems with doing this?

So long as your paving slopes away from the walls then just lay up to the house. It looks better and you wont have to keep picking leaves out of the gravel.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys

Have decided to lay right up to the house - just about to lay some lines to get a fall towards the garden

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back