Laying Solid Oak Flooring over existing floor board

I had nothing to add to what you guys already said. The floor looks good, with the only problem being the close joints but as long as the subfloor is pretty level, this won't cause any problem.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys - thanks for your comments.... I especially enjoyed gcol's specualtive phychology. I wrote a whole paragraph talking about myself ( corrercting GCOL ) but have deleted it. Ill just say that im newly wedded but have my first child on the way, therefor the house has again become a priority, analogous to little birdies collecting sticks for their nests - excuse grammer! Thankyou all for your advise as it helped greatly. My only regret is the plank spacing which I only found out after the fact - DOH! better luck next time. Any floor disaster you guys know of - I could read these to see what problems i may face in the future!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Was only messing about. ;)
Congratulations with the little un - say goodbye to any thoughts of a lie in for the next few years. Muhahaha.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back