Layout advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking to start my tiling this weekend. Quite a small area but doing walls and floor. What’s the best layout for the the attached photos? I’m guessing the hardest part is going to be the wall with the window?

Tiles to be used are 300x600 for the walls. 3mm grout spacing. Max height of the wall is 188cm. I’ll be laying it in stack bond format.

It’s my first full tile job. I’m wary I get it right and don’t have many cuts on show round the window.

The boiler will be in a cupboard so no need to tile there in case anyone is curious.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_0753.jpeg
    IMG_0753.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0752.jpeg
    IMG_0752.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0751.jpeg
    IMG_0751.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0750.jpeg
    IMG_0750.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
If you're not great with working it out on the job then draw out the sizes of your walls on paper and work out the best layout.

If you're not great with working it out on the job then draw out the sizes of your walls on paper and work out the best layout.
Thanks. Good idea. Would you start from the window wall to set the height? I’m thinking best route is to have a full tile the bottom of the window it’s 600mm wide so should hopefully line up ok. Not done full walls before so wary my inexperience will lead me into some pitfalls.

Are the floor tiles the same size? I would start with the floor, the centre of the floor being either the centre of a tile or grout lines and see where that takes you .....
Take some time to plan it right it might take a few goes but as the saying goes, by failing to prepare you are preparing to fail.

Sponsored Links
Are the floor tiles the same size? I would start with the floor, the centre of the floor being either the centre of a tile or grout lines and see where that takes you .....
Take some time to plan it right it might take a few goes but as the saying goes, by failing to prepare you are preparing to fail.
Nah the floor I’m doing 600x600. So it’s whether I can line it up so all it’s all aligned and not off centre. Difficult bit is there is a radius cut for the shower tray. So I’m only going to get 2 full tiles for the floor at the most. It’s a really small room!

Makes no odds, your wall tiles are divisible by your floor tiles so the principle in setting out is the same as I posted above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back