ldv pilot

hi john what happened the van was driveing great then i parked van in my drive went away for 2 days came back went to go for a drive and hard to start and rattly top end and just rough running thats when i got other injectors well the wrong injectors :confused:

Sponsored Links
hi would bent valves make it hard to start, because when it starts its rattly but runs well no smoke nothing :confused:

I think for reasons unknown, when you parked the van up and then went to restart, that was when the belt jumped....it sounds like it was too slack anyway.
The excess noise is caused by incorrect timing - the normal diesel 'knock' gets much more pronounced when the timing is off, and naturally the performance is down too.
One tooth slip is unlikely to cause much grief, but two teeth or more is anyones guess, really.
Bent valves mean loss of compression on one or more cylinders, and the engine wouldn't be keen to fire up like that! This may or may not cause the production of white smoke particularly - the sign of unburnt diesel.
John :)

so what do i do now, would a xud head fit on a dw8 engine or do i get an engine. its just at the point of what to do.

Sponsored Links
Difficult one, but I don't reckon the XUD head will fit the DW8 block....sure to be a catch somewhere!
My own thought would be to get the original head repaired.
John :)

hi john thanks replying yes think will be better to get the head done as can't tell what second hand head would be any good, just got to take mine off now :(

Sponsored Links
Back