ldv vans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone any comment on the reliability etc of ldv vans. ive been offered a transit equivalant which im going to look at tomorrow, so any comments good or bad would be useful

Sponsored Links
My old ldv was reliable and had a good,large cargo capacity.
BUT if you drive through town(i do,in London)you will find they are just on the wide side and have a worse turning circle than a oil tanker,absolute rubbish.(a three point turn will be a distant memory :LOL: )
One last point is that if you drive on major roads/motorways in the rain and at any sort of speed you will never be able to see the mirrors as the design keeps the water 'on' your quarter light windows.,quite unerving when doing 70 in the outside lanes of the m25 and you want to get back across.
Must reiterate that mine never gave serious fault (other than my abuse) at all but i wouldnt buy one again for the reasons stated.Might sound picky i know but the little things do get you down.
Good luck.

Compared to a Transit, they are not the quickest van out there either. Fully loaded is painfully slow. How much weight do you intend to carry?

im intending using it as a general builders van, mainly in the local area so motorway work is not too much of a problem.

Cheers

Thermo

Sponsored Links
if its the right price then go for it, far too sherpa like for me though, however not done anything major in the way of repairs on them.
Cant be all bad the post office have enough of them

thanks for the advice chaps, didnt get it in the end, looked like it had been doing a bit of stock car racing!

Back