lead detail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
roof running into a gable. How does the lead running along the top of the roof get dressed into gable which will have stepped flashing?

Sponsored Links
looking at the link you have posted I think you might of misunderstood my admittedly bad description.....so I will try again. there was a continuous lean to roof all at the same hight so no problem with the lead flashing chased into brickwork..Now I have extended half of the back of the property and as such have had to increase the hight of half the roof, or rather build a higher roof so now lower roof runs into the newly built brick gable for the higher roof, am I making sense?? so finally my problem is the internal corner junction between the old lower roof and the new gable. Can the lead running along the top of the old roof just be dressed so it overlaps the stepped gable lead and if so by how much should this be done.

Sponsored Links
I'm a little bit confused here myself, perhaps a picture would help. To be honest the saddle shown in the link probably isn't the best picture but it's all I could find .
When you refer to the stepped gable how much higher is the new roof compared to the old roof, and if I understand your description is the roof now two lean to roofs side by side with the one being slightly higher?
If it is how I envisage it from the description you should be able to run your stepped flashing with soakers up your new gable (or half gable) taking the topmost soaker right up to the chase of the old lead and then dress the exsisting lead over the new lead so thus you wouldn't need a saddle.
Generally as far as I'm aware there isn't such a thing as an off the shelf saddle they are made to order. It's a case of getting your angles and sizes and then it's half an hour or so for a leadworker with burning gear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back