lead flashings on epdm roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our builders have just fitted the EPDM to our flat roof extension. Just noticed on their quote it says about code 4 lead flashings. I will ask them obviously but they are away for a few days now. My question is, does the roof have to have these? They haven't mentioned it so I'm wondering whether they plan to do this.

Sorry if its a stupid question! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
That doesn't really help!
why would they mention it? The guttering and downpipes haven't been done yet and the fascia boards are not finished so maybe they will do the flashing then? Would that be the time to do them?

OK, so what you are saying is they mentioned lead in their quote but they haven't fitted any yet? Flashing can only be done at the end because it sits on top of the edpm upstand. Though they may do the chase before the roof finish. Why don't you just ask them? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
OK, so what you are saying is they mentioned lead in their quote but they haven't fitted any yet? Flashing can only be done at the end because it sits on top of the edpm upstand. Though they may do the chase before the roof finish. Why don't you just ask them? :rolleyes:

Yes thats what I'm saying sorry if it wasn't clear.
I also said that I will ask them - but they are away over the weekend and its on my mind now!
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back