Lead Joint

S

Sylvan Tieger

When faced with pouring a lead joint in a trench the filled with water and you need to pour a molten lead joint the best way to do it is pack the oakum (hemp) as normal and then install a joint runner (pouring rope) attach the asbestos rope pour a little cutting oil in the opening on top of the runner opening the bottom of the runner to allow some oil to seep out.

Close the bottom opening wear gargles and pour the molten lead in ONE CONTINEOUS pour with the bottom of the runnner open, when you hear the sizzling sound of the lead htting the water reach down close the bottom continunubg with the pour.

Makes a perfect joint every time You must have at least 20% of the piping above the water level of the molten lead will blow.

Also when your in a hurry to cool off a lead pot slowly pour water on top of the lead and it will cool really quickly and not explode BUT never pour lead on a moist location or it will pop back and pre heat the laddle prior to inserting it into a lead pot[/b]

Sponsored Links
Depends on how good a set of yarning and caulking irons you posess tiegs.

Sponsored Links

Well I still have my ceiling, yarning, trimming, caulking, inside and outside iron and packing irons and never used lead wool as it is against the local plumbing code as it states all caulked jouints shall be in one pouring..

Shall be = thiis is it no diviations

Well I still have my ceiling, yarning, trimming, caulking, inside and outside iron and packing irons and never used lead wool as it is against the local plumbing code as it states all caulked jouints shall be in one pouring..

Shall be = thiis is it no diviations

Think what you need is a BIGGER HAMMER!

How much is the vidio? ;)

Tim

PS Do you use .45 Colt and roll your own if you know what I mean, and if so have you tried the lead heads with what I would call a criss cross on the parelel bit.

I tried to import some but could not get any one to handle them.

How much is the vidio? ;)

Tim

PS Do you use .45 Colt and roll your own if you know what I mean, and if so have you tried the lead heads with what I would call a criss cross on the parelel bit.

I tried to import some but could not get any one to handle them.

Nope, not a 45 I like the Sigsauer 226 9 MM for the revolver S@W 357

I like the Sigsauer 226 9 MM for the revolver S@W 357
You know your weapons, buddy. Any one of those is ideal for home defense.

terminator_1.jpg

I like the Sigsauer 226 9 MM for the revolver S@W 357
You know your weapons, buddy. Any one of those is ideal for home defense.

terminator_1.jpg

NO WAY no how would I dare use a revolver or pistol for home defence.

A 9 MM does not have the stopping power even with hollow points as one shot kills are hard especially in poor lighting conditions

a 38 158 gram will penitrate walls possibly killing someone innocent.

Aiming a pistol /revolver when under attack is difficult at best.

So My pride and joy for protecting my castle is the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uHt4AwYb4

The M-1 Bernelli can handle all kinds of loads from the very potent 1 oz 3" MAGNUM Slug to light bird shot with out jamming

The M-1 tatical is not cheap $1,000 plus BUT it s amazing firearm.

Very versatle as the bird shot will stop an intruder quite easily wothout fear of passing through walls and in dim light conditions the flash light or laser beam can help pin point the target

One can mix rounds from a 1 OZ Slug to stop sme of the biggest creatures in North America to using fine shot to hit English sparrows.

Some police forces and militaries cannot afford to give these amazing firearms to their troops or police.

If I had to pick one firearm this is it

The Tatical M- 1 I went skeet shooting having never fired it USED the wrong ammo, wrong choke, had no clue and managed to hit 15 out of 25 clay birds.

ONE SHOT stopping power able to fire 5 shots before the first round hits the ground

This is a MUST have on any Christmas list
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uHt4AwYb4 << MINE is being tested the SEMI AUTO not the pump

Guns.

Killing.

Guns and killing.

Guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns, and killing.

Guns.

Killing.

Guns and killing.

Guns guns guns guNs guns guns guns guns guns, and killing.

cars MAKE drunk drivers , cars MAKE drunk dRIVER CARS MAKE DRUNK DRIVERS kids DIE FROM cars WHO HAVE DRUNK DRIVERS box cutters killed THOUSANDS

IN THE video I SAW CLAY DISCS SHOT, NOT ONE PERSON SOFT IN THE HEAD should BAN cars as CARS make people drunk drivers..

STING RAYS KILL Austrians BAN SWIMMING in OZ

Guns.

Killing.

Guns and killing.

Guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns, and killing.

well sorry to argue because i know i will lose :oops:

but none the less a gun never killed anyone.
the projectile did
but that was at a human or whatever behest :!:

WDIK, you seem to be carefully discriminating between a gun and the ammunition it fires. That's a little bit like pointing out that a front bumper kills a small child, not the car behind it.

If your more meaningful point is that humans kill, and not guns/bullets, then that's partly valid.

Humans kill each other even without guns. However, with guns they achieve it more easily and in larger numbers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back