lead lined gutters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing the lead on a mid terrace property and want to use Ubiflex instead of lead. Can anyone advise me how to attach it to the neighbours lead on either side? The reason for not wanting to use lead is potential theft.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you should contact the makers or a supplier like angel plastics and explain your purpose - there might be transitional adapters just for this useful material, or a recom. method and adhesive.

Or, merely shape it to adapt to the lead, and use a quality silicon - this arrangement will only have a limited life at the joins.

Ubbink recommend Shell Tixaphalate (sp)

or any Ms polymer such as Soudal Fix all or Bond-it GB Pro

Overlap 100mm

Sponsored Links
Good call mw roof. But tell me from your experience as a roofer, how long do you give a join where lead is one of the dissimilar materials to be "glued"?

I once soft soldered ( not lead burned ) some welts in a bay flat, and it soon pulled apart - lead has such determined movement in hot weather.

Perhaps you should contact the makers or a supplier like angel plastics and explain your purpose - there might be transitional adapters just for this useful material, or a recom. method and adhesive.

Or, merely shape it to adapt to the lead, and use a quality silicon - this arrangement will only have a limited life at the joins.

[
I got in touch ubiflex and they have stopped doing the thinner one and they have a sealant called high tack for sticking it together

quote="Mw Roofline";p="2064883"][EDIT] found the stuff

http://www.shell.com/home/content/bitumen/products/shell_tixophalte/

Oh and you are using the thick code 4 equivalent of Ubiflex and not the thinner one as thinner one not designed for lining gutters.[/quote]

Did they say specifically that this "high tack" is recom. for sticking the material to lead sheet?

I stuck a piece of ubiflex to a roll lead with a single bead of hi tack as I am tight and it being £10 a tube and could not pull it off so I am going to give it a go and as I dont think I will be retiring soon I will keep you posted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back