Lead Paint Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I hope someone can advise on the best way to manage a situation I have found.

I am redecorating a 1960s built house.

I thought to test for lead paint due to the age of the house and have had a positive result on the wooden window sills, skirting boards and door frames.

Whilst a positive result most seems to be in the lowest or lower levels of paint (some is chipped or cracked allowing access to the lowest layers.

I think that from this the original paint contained lead (one of the door frames seems to be on the original paint as it has a strong lead test response whilst the others not so strong).

As there is a young child in the house and apparently lead paint tastes sweet if eaten I am looking for the best solution for the window sills, skirting boards and door frames.

Is there any paint on the market that will seal the lead paint in and have a bitter taste in case somehow it was bitten or scratched?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Bump

Question:
"Is there any paint on the market that will seal lead paint in and have a bitter taste in case somehow it was bitten or scratched?"

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back