lead pipe bending!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having excavated a soil bed by the back door, i discovered the water supply pipe not very deep under the soil! I had planned to pave the area by the back door to let the kids ride their bikes (in very small circles!) but the pipe juts up above the level of the proposed paving. The pipe is lead and joins to copper by the back door. Is it possible to bend the lead pipe so i can pave over? I have a shared supply with 2 other neighbours and the cost of a replacement supply connection is a lot so keen to sweep this problem under the carpet![/b]

Sponsored Links
good luck, the last time i seen someone move some lead it crushed, then sprung a leak. Also would it not be prone to get frozen so near the surface?

yikes - i'm sure this pipe is pretty old too - house was built in 1890's! no freezing so far though!

Sponsored Links
Lead in pipes affects the development of children 10 and under. Best to get it out rather than avoid it. They are your kids so its up to you!

I charge a lot less for new water services when the owner does all the donkey work. Maybe you could find a like minded plumber or even tackle the whole job yourself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back