Lead water waste pipes and Saniflo macerator toilet

Shower needs a 40mm waste, a 32mm may not handle the flow, especially as it bungs up with soap, hair, etc. I would also personally run the entire waste from the macerator in new, solvent welded pipework, to avoid any risk of problems further down the line. However, that is your choice.

I would not though connect any gravity discharge to the pumped discharge pipework from the macerator, even with a NRV I think you are asking for trouble. If the pipework blocks, then it's going to look for an alternative way out, and the result may not be pretty. If you must have a macerator, go for one with the additional connections for wastes, and pump the lot.

Sponsored Links
I have a Sanislim in my downstairs bog and I have the wc and the basin plumbed into it but it is also suitable for a shower too.

@Madrab my mate has a lad in his 30s with Downs, he lives in the loft conversion and the Macerator stopped working, poor wee soul decided to take the top off without turning the power off, he called me in a mad panic, when I got there, I have never seen so much shoite sprayed all over the place, took me about half an hour to stop laughing

Ouch .... never good ... bet there was some serious redecoration after that one!! and possibly a tetanus!! I really hate the things.

Only ever gone to one and that was a completely swimming pan, full of everything, told them to call out saniflo - chap then said, look what happens when it flushes, some of it is drawn away, recomend you don't touch it, one flush later .... of course it didn't work, so a full flush all over the floor, never ran so fast in a pair of work boots in my life :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back