Leading edge v trailing edge dimmers

But even I at 70 can only remember the gas fittings on the wall for lighting, never remember them being used, remember the radiant gas fires in some of the places I worked and the chains to turn them on/off dangling from the fires, but don't remember them being used.
OOO gas mantles and their pipes buried in the wall... 40 or more years ago I visited a work colleague and he was in the process of decorating, part of that included drawing the lines in preparation for chasing for wall light cables, Sunray asked what he was doing about the gas mantles; "Oh I'm just going to remove them and plug the pipes. And in the back room too."
In the cellar Sunray found the gas pipe and suggested plugging it elsewhere.

Suddenly the chasing was reduced to getting rid of the surface mounted split conduit for the switches and sockets and even that was minimal as one wall was lathe and plaster.
So it seems using wall mounted dimmers gives less control to using a smart bulb, however using a wall switch is often faster.
Mmmm yeah... so before Christmas Mr & Mrs Sunray went baby sitting and it got dark. I phoned daddy to ask how we turn lights on? "Oh we use our phones..."
The only light downstairs with any form of switch? the bog!

Sponsored Links
But even I at 70 can only remember the gas fittings on the wall for lighting, never remember them being used, remember the radiant gas fires in some of the places I worked and the chains to turn them on/off dangling from the fires, but don't remember them being used.
OOO gas mantles and their pipes buried in the wall... 40 or more years ago I visited a work colleague and he was in the process of decorating, part of that included drawing the lines in preparation for chasing for wall light cables, Sunray asked what he was doing about the gas mantles; "Oh I'm just going to remove them and plug the pipes. And in the back room too."
In the cellar Sunray found the gas pipe and suggested plugging it elsewhere.

Suddenly the chasing was reduced to getting rid of the surface mounted split conduit for the switches and sockets and even that was minimal as one wall was lathe and plaster.
So it seems using wall mounted dimmers gives less control to using a smart bulb, however using a wall switch is often faster.
Mmmm yeah... so before Christmas Mr & Mrs Sunray went baby sitting and it got dark. I phoned daddy to ask how we turn lights on? "Oh we use our phones..."
The only light downstairs with any form of switch? the bog!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back