leadloc or leadline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to repair an ancient joint between a 15mm copper pipe and an 18mm lead pipe.
Yes, it is 18mm and not 22mm. I've measured the diameter with calipers and the circumference with tape (and multiplied by 7/22).
I've been told I need a Leadloc or Leadline compression fitting, but I don't understand the sizes, and my local Plumbcentre wasn't helpful.
I was told that a 1/2"x6lbsx15mm Leadline would fit, but the "lead end" and the O-ring are both clearly 22mm.
What does 1/2" refer to?
What does 6lbs refer to?
(The 15mm I understand!)
Does Leadloc have a wider range than Leadline?
Is this whole project hopeless?
The 18mm lead pipe eventually joins to a 22mm lead pipe, so I could cut out the 18mm section completely, BUT the only bit of the 22mm pipe which I have access to (without digging up concrete) is curved, with a radius of a couple of feet. Can a Leadloc or Leadline be fitted onto a curved section of lead pipe?

Sponsored Links
1/2" refers to the size whereas 6lb refers the weight (thickness of the lead)

1/2" lead would be around 18mm.

Back to the question buy an "Philmac" universal coupling, brilliant bit of kit and yes it would work on the bend, you just need to find an un-damaged section about 50mm long

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back