leadloc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all ,I wonder if any one can describe order of assembly of the "lead end" of a leadloc adaptor?
Thanking you in anticipation .
John W

Sponsored Links
from memory: Nut; o-ring; olive(flat end facing o-ring);main fitting

Then there is the Led line which most merchants are selling these days. That is nut split ring (brass, always needs opening out to get it over Lead, rounded edge to nut, flat edge to oring.) o ring brass body of fitting.

The adaptor I have, is a genuine "leadloc" patent!, the lead end has 1, a back nut ,2, a dished copper washer,3 a fibre washer and finally,4 an "o" ring ! I have been told: back nut first onto lead pipe, then fibre washer, then dished washer and then "o"ring! I have also been told, backnut first followed by dished washer, followed by fibre washer and then as before the "o" ring is fitted last.
Only one of these can be correct :LOL: .
does anyone know or have used the item I describe?

Sponsored Links
ISTR that the order is compression nut, fibre washer, copper washer, O ring. The O ring provides the water seal. The dished copper washer 'grabs' the lead pipe by being turned 'inside-out' as the joint is tightened. It's therefore VITAL that the dished washer goes on the right way round. I think the purpose of the fibre washer is to allow the nut to turn without also turning the copper washer.

Thanks croydoncorgi,
I can see the logic in that, I shall proceed in that manner, thanks again,:cool: .
John W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back