Leadwork

Shallow upstand can't be helped. Roof pitch is 15 degrees and has to go under 1st floor windows.

Any tips to get the lead and tiles closer?
You still should have gone tot he next course up, and then dropped it down under the window cill.

Whats going to stop rain splashing up and over it now, especially as there are no trays either?

Sponsored Links
You still should have gone tot he next course up, and then dropped it down under the window cill.

Whats going to stop rain splashing up and over it now, especially as there are no trays either?
Fair point. Tbh I hadn't considered going up another course. One end there is probably 20mm upstand but the other has about a 40-50mm upstand as the original house wasn't level so I made the extension level!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So presumably I could either add some more lead between the windows to lap what I already have or remove the lead between windows and add one wider but to go to the next course up?
How to I dress the lead around the corners of the windows etc?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back