Leak around chimney

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a leak that a roofer has suggested could be the flashing on the chimney. He also said there is no mortar on the ridge tiles (all from the ground).

He is suggesting to paint the flashing with some kind of sealant and mortar the ridge tiles (approx. £300).

Does this sound like the right kind of fix and price please?

Sponsored Links
Worse if anything - it won't stick to lead long term- ironically it would have been "better" if he'd said Flashband, a bitumen/foil material. You need to find another roofer. Maybe a picture would help the guys here to identify the condition of the stack and ridges - even from the ground.;)

Sponsored Links
Depends on how big the roof is - I had the flashing completely replaced last week and re bedded all ridge tiles ( 12 crested ridge tiles) and paid the bloke £100 cash... 3 blokes on it took them an hour. Climbing up battens that is lol

I tell no lies :) my mate recommended him. He goes around all day with 2/3 others and they do loads of smaller jobs in a day and charge less if you get me. Took them an hour, ridge tiles were loose as **** and chimney is small.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back