roof still leaking do need lead under ridge tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced my roof which was a lengthy task to say the least,this included new chimney flashing's but there still seems to be a leak around the flashing's do I need a lead strip under the ridge tile that meets each chimney?please help? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Where the ridge tile meets the chimney you should have a saddle piece of lead fixed in to the chimney with lead wedges and dressed over the tiles and the edge in line with the ridges welted over.
The ridge is then bedded on top of this, also i normally used lead mate(sealant) to fill the gap between the ridge tile and the chimney.
To see what i mean go to www.caldergroup.co.uk/media/CalderGTGLW.pdf.
hope this helps
Dave

Sponsored Links
as leadman says, but the ridge should be pointed in the same muck as you bedded them with...the pointing is likely to fall out now

Hi just had my neighbor do some lead work on his roof, but have noticed they have put the lead flashing over the ridge tile, instead of removing it and dressing the lead and fixing it back. Is That correct to do it this way? Am asking because this guy seems to think dropping a couple of gutter brackets to correct a fall on aroof gutter is not the solution but to re-run the whole gutter fall is better. Even though I can clearly see my part of the gutter has a correct fall, but my neighbors gutter is clearly rising above mine when his fall drops into the down pipe??

Perhaps you should open a new thread to avoid confusion.

Could you post pics of the ridge lead work and the gutter issue?

Perhaps you should open a new thread to avoid confusion.

Could you post pics of the ridge lead work and the gutter issue?
Thank s for the quick reply how do I download a couple of pics?

click on user name: ban- all- sheds and read his instructions. Or, go to forum information and the first sticky will tell you how.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back