Leak!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a leak on our chimney breast wall in the bedroom. My husband investigated it in the loft the other day to find that the bricks crumbled when he touched them..so he left them well alone!!
It seems to be coming from the ridge tile area of the chimney at the roofs apex. Our ridge tiles are in place but according to a builder the cement has come away. Could this be causing the problem i.e the ridge tiles cement missing. The flashings around the chimeny were replaced about a year ago so i assume they are fine.

Any ideas..and could my house fall in!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
sandyloo said:
Could this be causing the problem i.e the ridge tiles cement missing. The flashings around the chimeny were replaced about a year ago so i assume they are fine.
Most likely and depends if the flashing was done correctly, being out of sight make it awkward to see what they have done. Don't go to builder type company although there are some good one but a roof tiler is a best bet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back