Leak from chimney stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of months a go I had workmen in to look at my chimney stack which seemed to be leaking. They replaced the flashing and tidied up the brickwork around the chimney. With the bad weather recently, in the back bedroom of the my house a damp patch has reappeared. I thought when getting the flashing replaced that would be the end to the dampness but it has seemed to of got worse and I cant figure out where the water may be getting in from. I have inspected the felt roof as well and there are no problems there. Starting to get very frustrated with it

Just need some advice on where the water could be getting in from

Sponsored Links
Is the stack used? if its not used does it have a vented cap?

the chimney has never been in use for over 30 so Im not sure if previous owner had it capped. how will I know?? apologises my DIY skills arent the greatest

You can normally tell from the ground if the chimney pot has any form of cap on it.
If you are unsure post a pic.

Sponsored Links
I have had a look and the chimney is capped. All the flashing is ok and the repointing is good with no cracks and stuff in it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back