leak from drain into kitchen floor/wall help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Where there looks like bubble bath on the wall,

it sits directly behind the drain.

theres also this random water

All help appreciated guys before I call the builders as I am a total novice

Sponsored Links
Try cleaning the gulley out, (dont go sticking your hand in there though without a stout pair of rubber gloves on as a minimum!), and see if the water runs away! Drain looks blocked and so the water is backing up and finding it's way inside. Once you've got a clear drain, look for where it's getting indoors and plug the gap.

I've concreted round the sides of the drain before xmas when it was clear.

I was thinking put an elbow on the round drain if poss as there shouldnt b any gaps because i concreted but obviosly it doesnt explain how the waters coming in

Sponsored Links
As above. That gulley will probably have a trap.

Your pics are out of focus, so more pics from better perspectives will help. Perhaps if you stood back a little.

The first pic shows the rising main and a capped copper stub coming out of a concrete floor - a definite clear pic of wall and floor is needed please. Presumably the wall is damp? Have you examined the whole back wall at a low level?

The gulley appears to have had recent repair work with a rim of mortar?
The concrete path surface seems to have raised the finished surface level - perhaps bridging the DPC and causing fitting difficulties for the gulley grating?

Where the concrete surface and brick wall meet there appears to be a sand and cement fillet - is this the case?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back